Since being in Hawaii, I enjoy the appliqué I learned there. I am slowly working on a lap quilt for our home. Here is what I have done so far. This is called breadfruit. I am currently working on a second one for this quilt.
Review of my My September list:
This is a big list but hoping to complete most of it. My thought is to sew in the morning before work and LA quilt after dinner. ( unfortunately my body didn't cooperate, I was very tired from starting work again and had lots of neck pain.)
1. Start and finish my in-laws queen size quilt for their anniversary. (Yes I started, but only one row done)
2. Custom quilt 3 Hawaiian wall hangings using my long arm. Custom quilting will be new for me and something to learn. These are gifts for my nieces. (Done) I forgot to take pictures of the one I gave away. One of the other two is not worthy of a present!
3. Make a sling bag for one of my nieces for her birthday. (Done) forgot to take a pic!
4. Complete one customer quilt on long arm. (Not done)
7. Start E's t- shirt quilt for his November birthday. End of the month maybe. (Not done)
MY OCTOBER LIST 2013
1. Complete one or more charity quilt.
2. Complete customer quilt.
3. Continue to work on, hopefully finish my in-laws queen quilt. ( putting this on bottom of the pile)
4. Continue to hand sew Hawaiian appliqué blocks for family quilt.
5. Work on first Son's t-shirt quilt.
6. Finish blue twin quilt for charity.
7. Make a strawberry shortcake baby quilt on commission.
That's it. I should get done...I am gaining endurance. I am listening to my body when I am tired and have had less neck pain.
I will be linking this post with Judy Laquidara's post at Patchwork Times.